To be released in early of 2020, the BWF Coach Education Level 3 is a Specialised Coaching Award, aimed at badminton coaches who are interested in high-level youth coaching or in elite coaching.
The manual, to be available FREE online, will address:
- Coaching Systems – looking at the process from initial talent identification through to elite-level play
- Youth Development Models – how to support and guide talent development in young players
- Elite Coaching – how to use the unique characteristics of elite players to support their development
- Tools to support coaches in advancing the skills of their players at different stages
The Level 3 manual will be initially released in English – although it may later be made available in other language versions.
The Coach Level 3 resources will include:
- Coaches’ Manual – the Candidates’ Manual examining a comprehensive coaching system from youth through to elite levels. This will include youth development models, aspects of elite coaching, and technical and tactical tools to support the coaches’ work at different points in the coaching system.
- Tutors’ Manual – a Coach Educator/Tutors’ booklet for delivering the Level 3 course.
- Video Clips – supporting video clips, which give a visual demonstration of the exercises covered in the Coaches’ Manual.
All Coach Level 3 videos will be readily available online.