Research Grants Online Application
BWF Research Grants
Before you start your application, please read the following steps carefully, which will assist you in preparing the information and documents you will need and answering the questions you will be asked in the process.
- Every field has clear written instructions for filling up the particular section which should be strictly followed by the applicants while filling up the form.
- Ensure that all the Evaluation Criteria in the Request for Proposal Guidelines are addressed.
- Once the form is completed, you can submit your application by clicking the “Submit” button.
- Your Application will be automatically sent to the BWF Development Team.
- You will received an email request to submit your supporting documents.
- Please fill in the application form in ENGLISH
We have prepare a sample of the Online Application Form for your reference to assist you through the application process:
Applicants will receive an email request to submit the following supporting documents:
- Researcher Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
- Endorsement letter from your Academic Institution, Research Center or from your Member Association* (PDF)
- Detailed budget breakdown (Excel)
- Budget Justification (Words/PDF)
* Endorsement Letter from your university/institution stating the research is being undertaken with the oversight of the university / institution’s academic programme
It is your responsibility to provide all supporting documents. Applications where information or documentation is incomplete may not be considered.
- When can I apply for the 2022-2023 BWF Research Grants?
The BWF Research Application process will be open from Monday 14 March 2022 to Monday 30 May 2022. Applicants are encouraged to check the BWF Development website for further information, applicant guidelines and eligibility criteria.
- Where can I submit an application?
Applications must be submitted using the below online form. The online application allows you to submit your complete application securely and quickly.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible during the application period due to the large volume of users on the system in the lead up to the closing date. Submitting early ensures that you will not have any last minute technical problems due to the large number of applications being submitted.
* Please fill in the application form in ENGLISH
- How can I be sure my application has been submitted?
Once you have completed your application and click on the “Submit” button, you will be directed to a “Thank you” page. You may download/print a copy of your application by clicking on the “Print or get PDF of answers”. We strongly advise for you to keep a copy of the application form for your records.
If you have submitted your application but have not been directed to the Thank you page, you may contact us at [email protected]
- How long will it take to have my application assessed?
As the BWF Research Programme attracts a large number of applications from all over the world, the processing time for applications takes between 4-5 weeks. All applicants, both successful and unsuccessful will be notified of the outcome of their application.
- If my application has been unsuccessful, can I be provided with information as to why?
Due to the high volume of applications received, the department does not provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Should I submit additional documents not listed in the supporting documents of the applicant guidelines?
No. Applicants should not include additional documents which are not listed in the supporting documents table as they will not be taken into consideration. To ensure a fair and equitable assessment, applications are only assessed on the required documents listed in the Supporting Documents section.
- How much funding would each research project receive?
Normally, one project receives between USD 6.000-8.000. However, the Evaluation Panel will confirm the final amount.
- What can be included as ‘investigator allowance’?
The investigator allowance helps compensate for the time and personal expenses the research team will spend participating in the research project. These can include:
- Purchase of books, periodicals and journals.
- Purchase of materials, supplies, mailing, and expendables.
- Purchase of minor equipment.
- Fees paid to research subjects, such as modest incentives for participation, where ethics clearance has been obtained
- Is an ethics approval required in order to conduct the research?
We do not request it; however, for journal publication (which is a requirement for the selected projects), studies involving human participants require evidence that the research has been approved by research ethics committee.
- Can I submit same project proposal from a previous year?
Applicants may not submit the same project proposal twice without having introduced significant changes.
BWF Sport Science Application
Application for 2022/23 is now CLOSED