BWF provides the opportunity for research institutions and individuals to apply for research grants to assist in the funding of applied sports science research in badminton.
The BWF Sports Science Commission has three key goals and the research grants assist in achieving these goals:
- To encourage and widen interest and investment in applied research in Badminton.
- To improve the level and quantity of scientific material available to players, coaches and badminton practitioners.
- To contribute towards the increased knowledge of performance and safety at the international level – of coaches and players.
The BWF has a research grant budget of US$ 95,000 for 2021 – 2022 grant applications.
In this year’s funding, BWF are particular interest in research connected to:
- Badminton for physical activity and well-being
- Inclusive badminton (people with disabilities/gender inclusivity/underprivileged and vulnerable communities/older adults)
- Injury prevention (BWF Consensus Project developed – pending review)
Individuals and institutions can apply for a grant to assist in their research projects in badminton.
Grant applications may come from institutions or individual academics conducting research in any of the following areas relevant and specifically applicable to badminton.
BWF 2021 – 2022 Research Grant application is now OPEN
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply to the BWF Research Grants, the following steps need to be taken:
1. Download and read the Request for Proposal Guidelines
2. Read the important instructions before filling in the online form
3. Apply online using the Online Application Form
Application process is now OPEN
If you need any further assistance or clarification on the application process, please contact BWF Development Officer Tracy Tan – [email protected]