BWF provides the opportunity for research institutions and individuals to apply for research grants to assist in the funding of applied sports science research in badminton.
The BWF Sports Science Commission has three key goals and the research grants assist in achieving these goals:
- To encourage and widen interest and investment in applied research in Badminton.
- To improve the level and quantity of scientific material available to players, coaches and badminton practitioners.
- To contribute towards the increased knowledge of performance and safety at the international level – of coaches and players.
In this year’s funding, BWF are particular interest in research connected to:
- Badminton for physical activity and well-being
- Inclusive badminton (people with disabilities/gender inclusivity/underprivileged and vulnerable communities/older adults)
- Injury prevention (BWF Consensus Project developed – pending review)
- Dual career for badminton players
- Sustainability in badminton (methodology for: players advocacy / badminton events sustainability – materials, processes and legacy)
Individuals and institutions can apply for a grant to assist in their research projects in badminton.
we also welcome grant applications from institutions or individual academics conducting research in any of the other areas relevant and specifically applicable to badminton:
BWF 2022 – 2023 Research Grant application is now OPEN
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply to the BWF Research Grants, the following steps need to be taken:
1. Download and read the Request for Proposal Guidelines
2. Read the important instructions before filling in the online form
3. Apply online using the Online Application Form
Application process is now OPEN.
If you need any further assistance or clarification on the application process, please contact us at [email protected]