In this year’s funding, the BWF will have a targeted approach to identifying the research areas that would greatly contribute to the global badminton community. These are the research areas and questions that have been identified:
The BWF Sport Science Research Grants programme provides the opportunity for research institutions and individual researchers to apply for research grants to assist in the funding of applied sport science research in badminton.
Since its inception in 2013, the BWF has supported more than 100 badminton research projects globally across areas such as biomechanics, physiology, sport psychology, performance analysis, sport injuries/injury prevention, sports engineering and technology, sport sociology and youth development.
- What are the physical performance characteristics in badminton and the differences between gender and disciplines?
- What are the performance determinants in badminton and the differences between gender and disciplines?
- What are the physical capacities of elite players and the difference in aerobic/anaerobic capacities between gender and disciplines?
- What are the key physical and social benefits of playing badminton recreationally and competitively?
- What are the differences between and key physical and social benefits of playing badminton and AirBadminton?
- What are the physical and social benefits of playing badminton recreationally for youth/older adults?
- What can the badminton community do better to reduce injury and enhance performance?
- What are the risk factors that contribute to injuries in youth elite and elite badminton players?
- What is the optimal wheelchair set-up (seating position, wheel camber, anti-tip, tyre type/pressure) to maximise movement efficiency and force/power output for Para badminton athletes?
- What are the key principles and guidelines for working within different training zones for Para badminton sport classes, to ensure optimal training and replication of match environment?
- What are key physical testing protocols for each Para badminton sport class?
- What are the principles of physical training for each Para badminton sport class?
- What are the physical, health and social benefits of “unified” badminton with Special Olympics athletes?
The online application is currently OPEN and the deadline would be 1st May 2023.
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) is proud to announce its...
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) is proud to announce its partnership with Simply Sport Foundation. Simply Sport Foundation's mission is to empower grassroots athletes in India, nurturing their growth in sports and life, and supporting underprivileged...
Badminton to Counter Drug Abuse in Sierra Leone
An innovative badminton project to combat drug abuse among children and young people in Sierra Leone received enthusiastic response and has led to promising initiatives such as a badminton academy. The “Smash The Streets” project was conducted from 26 November to 17 December 2023 in Makeni, L...
Fresh Intake for Sports Management Scholarship Programme 2024
Badminton World Federation, in collaboration with the World Academy of Sport (WAoS), has launched a new cycle of scholarships for the Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management offered by the WAoS and the University...
ISF U18 Gymnasiade 2024 – World School Sport Games –...
Badminton is one of 25 sports being hosted at the ISF U18 Gymnasiade 2024 – World School Sport Games, being held in Manama, Bahrain from 23 – 31 October 2024. The BWF encourages Member Associations to participate in the ISF U18 Gymnasiade 2024 – World School Sport Games, especially Member A...