Female Participation Grant
BWF Female Participation Grant
The BWF Female Participation Grant offers opportunities for female athletes to apply for financial support to attend and be Internationally Classified at a number of BWF sanctioned International tournaments annually. The grant supports the BWFs goal to increase female participation in Para badminton across all sport classes.
How to Apply
The BWF will call for applications on an annual basis between October and December. Applicant organisations are asked to complete a simple application form for each athlete.
Since 2017, the BWF has provided scholarships to over 90 female athletes from more than 40 countries
To be considered to receive a female participation grant from the BWF, athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Be affiliated to their National Badminton Federation / National Para Badminton Federation / National Paralympic Committee
- Be eligible to be internationally classified by the BWF in one of the six Para badminton Sport Classes (WH1, WH2, SL3, SL4, SU5 & SH6)
- Participate in structured badminton training on a weekly basis (minimum)
Successful applicants will be selected and may receive a full or partial grant to allow them to attend and be internationally classified at a BWF sanctioned international tournament in 2024. The BWF will notify all National Badminton Federations / National Para Badminton Federations of the outcome of their applications by 16 February 2024.
In efforts to increase retention of athletes, each athlete must attend two BWF Para Badminton Tournaments in 2024 to be eligible for the grant:
- Tournament 1 (must have classification) – up to US $900 per athlete
- Tournament 2 – up to US $500 per athlete
Please note the maximum number of applications per country is TWO.
Application Deadline – 09 February 2024.
For more information, please kindly contact Suvashini, BWF Development Manager at [email protected]